1. Collection and Use of Personal Information: When we use the term “Personal Information” we mean information such as your first/middle initial or name and last name, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL, date of birth, e-mail address, gender, ethnicity and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personal Information also includes information about your personal preferences, survey responses and your transactions or relationship with us. For example, to the extent we offer such services, if you order any products we may offer from time to time, in addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and maintain your billing address, shipping address, product selections, your credit card or other payment instrument information, your order number, and information about your computer’s internet address and website which may have referred or directed you to the Site (e.g., the referring URL). Your credit card or debit card number is classified as “Sensitive Personal Information” and is collected via a secure transmission.
We collect Personal Information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are making a donation, paying for an event ticket, signing up for our newsletter, registering to use any services, features or functions that may be offered on the Site from time to time, participating in auctions or promotions, ordering or purchasing Products, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience on the Site, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you visit the Site according to your preferences and personal characteristics.
a. Collection of Personal Information During Registration. To the extent we may offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, you are required to select a user name and password (together, your “User ID”), and may be required to also provide other Personal Information, such as your email address, first and last name, gender, date of birth, country and zip code. Additional Personal Information may be requested during the registration process (but not required), such as cable/satellite provider, ethnic information, and annual income. We will allow you to change the password portion of your User ID, as well as certain other Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information you have given us in order to keep your information current, but once you select a user name you will not be able to change that user name provided to us during registration and which is associated with your User ID. Among other things, these kinds of information help us securely identify you as a registered or permitted user of the Site and our features and functions. You will not be able to change your date of birth without sufficient verification. All member benefits are free. As a registered user of the Site, from time to time, we may also provide you with certain options to subscribe to a selection of free email newsletters and other periodic information. You may select such options by opting-in at the time of registration or by responding to an offer or invitation at a later date. You will also have the right to opt-out (unsubscribe) or change your preferences at any time by logging in with your User ID and changing the settings in your account. You may also opt-out to particular email communications by responding to that email and using the “unsubscribe” or opt-out procedure included in that communication. If you are a registered user, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site in connection with your registration.
b. Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to personalize and allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site from time to time, such as auctions, contests, shopping, registration and member profile pages.
c. Collection of Personal Information in Connection with Promotions such as Contests and Sweepstakes. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, registration as a member of the Site is not always required to enter promotions such as contests and sweepstakes. There may be a separate registration process which will require the submission of all or some of the following: your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number and date of birth. Additional Personal Information may be requested depending on the specific Promotion, but submission of such information may be optional. The promotion’s entry page and/or rules will provide the specific requirements. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special promotions or offers from our advertisers in connection with many of these types of promotions.
d. Use of Personal Information in Connection with Personalized Advertising. We may use characteristics about you such as age, gender and/or ethnicity for personalizing the online advertising from third parties that you see when you visit the Site. This information may be used to send you personalized advertising in combination with non-Personal Information such as your website viewing, usage and purchasing history, which is not part of your user profile. You submit this Personal Information at the time of your registration; it is part of your online profile and associated with your User ID. We use third party ad servers to deliver personalized advertising to you. However, neither these ad servers nor their advertisers will have access to your individual online profile or your age, gender and ethnicity information. These third parties only deliver designated advertising to a targeted group of users which have been identified by the Site based on certain characteristics and the Site instructs the third parties to serve the ads but the identity or characteristics of an individual user is unknown to the third parties. Age, gender and/or ethnicity is only disclosed to third parties in the aggregate and cannot be used to identify an individual user. By registering for the Site, you have affirmatively consented to the use of such information for personalized advertising. In order to withdraw your consent to use such information for personalized advertising, you shall need to contact us at VH1stm@VH1staff.com
e. Use of Personal Information in Connection with Promotions and Offers; Opt-out Procedures. We, or our Affiliates, may contact the Site’s registered users or other users that have registered for or participated in various Site events, Promotions, or transactions, or we may send offers for the purchase of goods and/or services that may be of interest to users.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails or text messages from us at any time by going to the Site’s home page, clicking the “Your Account” link, to (1) un-register your account, or (2) change or edit your preferences. You may also use the opt-out mechanism that is contained in an email or text message. However, we, or our affiliates, may continue to contact you via email for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any promotions you have participated in or have entered, goods and/or services or Products you have ordered, or other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
3. Accuracy and Confidentiality: It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or Personal Information or you fail to update such information or Personal Information.You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your User ID, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site by any others who use your User ID, unless and until you notify us that your User ID may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Although we may track the numbers of users to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all users, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services, improve the look of the Site and display advertising and marketing information.
a. Co-Branded Services and Features. The Site may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and Promotions that we put together with another company or our Affiliates (“Co-Branded Partner”). Such services and features may be hosted on the Site and/or our Co-Branded Partner’s website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner and your voluntary use of or participation in a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both the Site and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfillment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner’s future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly. The Co-Branded Partner will be identified on the co-branded feature or service. Registered or other users that participate in certain services relating to Postings, such as user video uploads, agree to have certain Personal Information posted on the Site or platforms that relates to user video uploads) or, if such feature is offered in connection with a Co-Branded Partner, on our Co-Branded partner’s website in connection with the display of the uploaded video and posted on any platform that the uploaded video may be posted. Registered or other users that upload videos may also be required to submit additional Personal Information.
b. Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as “operational service providers”. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site. Additionally, such operational service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
c. Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We will make your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
7. Security & Protection of Personal Information: We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the Site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
8. Phishing: Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
9. Sharing Information: As a matter of policy, we will not sell, share or rent information about you in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. However, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances. We cooperate with governments, law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws such as those regarding intellectual property rights, fraud and other personal rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to liability.
10. Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information: Generally, you may review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site. You may also correct factual inaccuracies. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age, cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. Deletion or attempted deletion of certain Personal Information, such as your user name, may not be permitted and/or may result in suspension of your account or termination of any registration you may have made. To review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site, please click “ACCOUNT” on the homepage to sign in to your Site account with your User ID. Then, click on “YOUR ACCOUNT INFO” to change, update, or delete your Personal Information.
If you wish to review Personal Information collected for promotions such as contests and sweepstakes, you will need to contact the Site’s Privacy Administrator via email with a request at “mailto:VH1stm@VH1staff.com” VH1stm@VH1staff.com and be prepared to provide verification of your identity. Personal Information collected for certain entries are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user’s request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 13 years old.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.